NYCDER-VIF “Diesel Retrofits” Technology Eligibility List
We are now accepting applications for verified diesel emission control (VDEC) technologies through the New York City Diesel Emission Reduction – Voucher Incentive Fund (NYCDER-VIF). Voucher Requests must be submitted by September 30th, 2015.
Below, are the Eligible VDEC Technologies offered through the New York City Diesel Emission Reduction – Voucher Incentive
Fund (NYCDER-VIF). Fleets interested in incentives for diesel retrofits must submit a voucher request through an
approved Vendor. Please refer to the NYCDER-VIF Vendor List.
to download the NYCDER-VIF Approved Vendor List.
Verified Diesel Emission Control Technology Highlights
The table below presents an at-a-glance summary of the verified diesel emission control (VDEC) technologies offered through the program.
Verified Diesel Emission Control Technology Highlights
|Technology Type||Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC) - Level 1||Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) - Level 3 (Active & Passive)|
|Range of Technology Cost*||$2,000 to $6,000||
$9,000 to $18,000 (Passive DPFs)
$17,000 to $25,000 (Active DPFs)
|Emissions Reduced||Up to 25% of Particulate Matter||Up to 85% of Particulate Matter|
|Vehicle Class & Model Year||Class 3 - 8; MY 1994 - 2006||Class 3 - 8; MY 1994 - 2006|
|Technology Assessment||Exhaust temperatures must reach 150C.||Exhaust Temperature Datalogging required.|
|Maintenance Requirements||Monitored during regular fleet PM schedules.||Filters must be cleaned regularly with the appropriate ash removal system (every 3 months or as directed by vendor/dealer).|
|Area of Operation||Five Boroughs of NYC for 70% of the time.||Five Boroughs of NYC for 70% of the time.|
|Additions||Incentives available for Closed Crankcase Ventilation Systems (CCVs) for $650 - $750 per unit.|
New York City Diesel Emission Reduction – Voucher Incentive Fund Technology Eligibility List
The following table presents the verified diesel emission control (VDEC) technologies that are eligible for NYCDER-VIF incentives.
New York City Alternative Fuel Vehicle - Voucher Incentive Fund
|OEM NAME||Technology Name||Model||Type||MSRP (L)||MSRP (H)||Installation (AVG)||Total Cost Range (L to H)||Verification||Engine MY Range||Engine HP Range||EGT Requirements|
|CDTI||Purifilter||EGR||Passive DPF||$6,000.00||$14,050.00||$2,500.00||$8,500.00 to $16,550.00||EPA||1993-2010||Up to 16L, 625 HP||240C @ 30% or 300C @ 10%|
|CDTI||Purifilter||N/A||Passive DPF||$5,525.00||$15,000.00||$2,500.00||$8,025.00 to $17,500.00||EPA, CARB||1993-2003||Up to 16L, 625 HP||240C @ 30% or 300C @ 10%|
|CDTI||Purifilter||Plus M||DPF w/Regen||$9,024.05||$19,684.05||$6,000.00||$15,024.05 to $25,684.05||EPA, CARB||1994-2010||Up to 16L, 525 HP||Regen every 4-6 weeks|
|CDTI||AZ Purimuffler||N/A||DOC||$1,562.00||$5,169.00||$1,000.00||$2,562.00 to $6,169.00||EPA||1991-2006||Any||At least 150C|
|CDTI||AZ Purifilter||All Welded||DOC||$858.00||$4,694.00||$1,000.00||$1,858.00 to $5,694.00||EPA||1991-2006||Any||At least 150C|
|CDTI||CCV||4500 Series||CCV||$677.00||N/A||INCLUDED||N/A to $677.00||EPA||1991-2006||Any||N/A|
|CDTI||CCV||6000 Series||CCV||$762.00||N/A||INCLUDED||N/A to $762.00||EPA||1991-2006||Any||N/A|
|ESW Group||Thermacat||E||Active DPF||$14,480.00||$21,845.00||$2,500.00||$16,980.00 to $24,345.00||CARB||1993-2009||150 to 400 HP||210C for 10%|
|ESW Group||Longmile||S||Passive DPF||$9,408.73||$14,319.94||$2,500.00||$11,908.73 to $16,819.94||CARB||1993-2010||175 to 500 HP||260C for 20%, 300C for 5%|
|ESW Group||Longview||N/A||Passive DPF||$16,300.00||$18995.01||$2,500.00||$18,800.00 to $21,495.01||CARB||1993-2006||Up to 450 HP||260C for 25%|
|ESW Group||Horizon||N/A||Active DPF||$11,335.71||N/A||$2,500.00||N/A to $13,835.71||CARB||Up to 2006||No Limit||No requirement|
|ESW Group||Vista||N/A||Active DPF||$14,049.57||N/A||$2,500.00||N/A to $16,549.57||CARB||1993-2010||150 to 450 HP||No requirement|
|Hug Engineering||Mobiclean||R Advanced||Passive DPF||$9,625.00||$19,325.00||$2,500.00||$12,125.00 to $21,825.00||CARB||1991-2006||100-600 HP||200C @ 15%|
|HUSS||FS-MK System||On-Road||Active DPF||$10,381.00||N/A||$4,500.00||$14,881.00 to N/A||CARB||1996-2012||Up to 800 HP||No requirement|
|Johnson Matthey||CRT||Passive DPF||$8,962.80||$12,790.40||$2,500.00||$11,462.80 to $15,290.40||EPA, CARB||1994-2006||N/A||240C @ 40%|
Vehicle Eligibility Requirements
The following are eligibility requirements for verified diesel emission control (VDEC) technologies under the NYCDER-VIF:
- A vehicle must be a diesel powered Class 3 – Class 8 truck with an Engine Model Year 1994 to 2006.
- VDEC technology selected must be currently on-highway EPA or CARB verified for the specific vehicle type, engine model year and EPA or CARB Engine Family the VDEC technology will be installed on.
- VDECs cannot be a part of a standard or required engine configuration (i.e., if the equipment is required by law to be installed on the vehicle, then the equipment would not be eligible).
- Eligible VDEC technologies include but are not limited to: Level 1 Diesel Oxidation Catalysts (DOC) and Diesel Particulate Filters (DPF) (Passive and Active) that reduce emissions of particulate matter (PM10 and PM2.5), hydrocarbons (HC), oxides of nitrogen (NOx), carbon monoxide (CO), and toxic air pollutants.
- Eligible Program funds do include installation of crank-case ventilation filter (CCV) on a vehicle that does not yet have one even if the vehicle already has a DOC or DPF installed.
- The VDEC technology must be purchased from a participating Approved Vendor.
- All prospective retrofit vehicles must be medium or heavy-duty diesel vehicles with minimum 10,001 lbs. Gross Vehicle Weight Rating (GVWR) and meet all federal and state requirements for operation in New York State.
- All prospective retrofit vehicles must be highway capable and legally registered as a vehicle in New York State with an engine model year 1994-2006.
- If a Vendor does not own a New York State repair facility or does not have a contract with a New York State entity to provide repair and warranty service, the Vendor must submit a plan for how it intends to provide warranty service, replacement parts, and technical support in New York State. The maintenance/repair plan must be submitted to the VPC for approval. The plan must be approved by NYSERDA for vehicles to be eligible to receive incentives under the Program.
* Vendors, as part of submitting documentation to the VPC for eligible technologies, must submit a pricing matrix detailing technology and installation cost (typically by engine HP range) for the range of VDEC models and associated installation fees they want included in the program. The voucher amount covers up to 80 percent of the combined purchase and installation cost.