This page is for fleets that operate diesel Class 3 to 8 trucks and wish to purchase or lease All-Electric, hybrids, or compressed natural gas (CNG) vehicles or install verified diesel emission control (VDECs) technologies. Program funds are also available to fleets interested in CNG engine conversions.
In order to be eligible for the NYT-VIP program, a fleet must meet certain criteria:
New York State Electric Truck – Voucher Incentive Fund (NYSEV-VIF):
- Eligible Fleets include private, public sector, and non-profit entities that are domiciled (registered and garaged) and operate 70% of the time in one of New York State (a total of 30 counties) non-attainment and maintenance areas.
- Operate Class 3 to 8 Diesel Trucks
- Although there is no cap on the number of vouchers an eligible fleet may request, no recipient may receive more than 25% of the initially available funds in this program.
New York City Private Fleet Diesel Emission Reduction – Voucher Incentive Fund (NYCDER-VIF):
- $4 Million Available in Voucher Incentives for Verified Diesel Emission Control (VDECs) Technologies
- VDECs Include: Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC), Diesel Particulate Filter (DFP) and Closed Crankcase Ventilation (CCV) units.
- Covers 80% of the Total Cost of the Technology and Installation
- Applies to Class 3 and Class 8 Private Fleet Vehicles
- VDECs for Vehicles with Diesel Engines Model Year 2006 and Older
- Vehicle must be domiciled (registered and garaged) and operate 70% of the time in the five boroughs of New York City.
IMPORTANT: New York City Department of Transportation (NYCDOT) is currently offering an incentive program for fleets operating out of Hunts Point Market in New York City (see http://www.huntspointctp.com). A vehicle cannot receive funding from both NYT-VIP and the Hunts Point Clean Trucks Program. Information will be verified, and it is prohibited to apply to both programs for the same truck. Measures are in place to ensure compliance with this requirement. All Eligible Vehicles must be approved by NYSERDA for each Vendor. Lease agreements will be eligible, as long as the term of the lease is not less than seven (7) years.
Three Steps to Obtaining Voucher(s)
STEP 1. Select an Eligible Vehicle or an Eligible Technology (verified diesel emission control (VDEC) technology).
STEP 2. Work with an “Approved Vendor” (dealer).
STEP 3. Submit a voucher request through the “Approved Vendor” to the Voucher Processing Center (VPC). The Vendor submits the voucher request, and deducts the voucher amount from the purchase/lease price.